Careers at CNO
Our purpose is to protect the public by promoting safe nursing practice. Just like nurses who uphold CNO’s standards every day, CNO staff are also accountable. Every day CNO staff initiate, innovate and lead new programs to strengthen patient safety in our health care system.
Working at CNO
Our more than 300 staff come from different professional backgrounds including nursing, law, policy development, finance, human resources, communications, information technology, customer service, administration and facilities. Everyone at CNO brings something unique to our work and our culture. It’s what makes us successful and working at CNO so rewarding.
We are focused on achieving our purpose and are united by our core values: Innovation, Integrity, Collaboration and Wellbeing. We understand that individual success is as diverse as the people who work at CNO and our inclusive and welcoming environment supports everyone’s desire to be successful at work and in life.
Our office is located at 101 Davenport Road in Toronto, a short walk from the Yorkville shopping district and the Bay Street subway station.
We acknowledge that this land is the traditional territory of many nations including the Mississaugas of the Credit, the Anishnabeg, the Chippewa, the Haudenosaunee and the Wendat peoples.
We offer staff the flexibility to work onsite and virtually through teleworking. Skylights fill CNO’s newly redesigned building with natural light and staff can work in any of the individual or collaborative workspaces throughout the building. Our barrier-free building includes comfort features such as ergonomically designed workstations, bike parking, individual lockers, shower facilities, filtered water stations and a spiritual observance room. Our staff Café is a favourite space for staff to connect, celebrate milestones and enjoy fun events hosted by the Social Committee.
Compensation and benefits
CNO offers a highly competitive compensation program within the broader public sector employment market (health care, post-secondary institutions, municipal and provincial government, other regulators). This includes being transparent about our salary grid and conducting regular comprehensive market surveys to review our benefits and salary ranges. Compensation components include:
- extended health, dental, life and disability insurance effective on your first day of employment and premiums are fully paid by CNO
- comprehensive wellness program including virtual access to nurse practitioners and physicians, an employee assistance program, and a mental health / wellness program that provides full care from intake through remission
- membership in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP), a multi-employer defined benefit pension plan
- generous paid time away policies for vacation, personal, sick and professional development days
- opportunities for professional development, including on-site workshops, support for attendance at conferences and seminars, and a tuition reimbursement program
- opportunity to earn an annual performance-based award of up to 5% of salary or equivalent in additional paid time away
- access to WorkPerks which offers a wide range of discounts on travel, entertainment and merchandise
- reimbursement for eligible adjustable height desk, and provision of an ergonomic chair for teleworking; provision of a laptop and peripherals