Update your info
It’s important for the public and employers to have accurate information about nurses. It increases transparency, promotes trust and allows people to make informed decisions about who is providing their care. That’s why it’s the law that all regulated health professions in Ontario, including nurses, have a public register with information about their members. Our register is called Find a Nurse.
It’s important that Find a Nurse is always up-to-date. You can do your part to keep the register current by updating your information whenever it changes.
Our by-laws require nurses to update certain information within 30 days. If you do not update your info within 30 days, you might be fined $100.
If any of the below information changes, update Maintain Your Membership.
- Your job or business address. Make sure we have the address and contact info of your current employer or employers. This includes any self-employment, volunteer or unpaid positions in which you are providing nursing care.
- Your contact info. So that we can reach you with important information, make sure your home address, telephone number and email are current. This information will not appear on Find a Nurse.
- Other registrations and licences. You must report any other professional licences or registrations in any province, territory or country. This includes additional nursing licences from other provinces or territories or outside of Canada, as well as non-nursing licences and registrations.
- Hospital or health facility privileges. Make sure we have a current and complete list of each hospital or health facility where you hold privileges. You must also let us know if your privileges are revoked, suspended or restricted.
Your name on Find a Nurse should be your current legal name. If your name changes, send us a written request to have your name as it appears on Find a Nurse changed.
The request should include:
- your registration number
- your former name
- your new name spelled exactly as it should appear on Find a Nurse
- your signature
- your mailing address and phone number
- a copy of a legal name change document, such as a marriage certificate, divorce decree, or change of name certificate
You can email your request and documents to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send them by regular mail.