On This Page
Careers at the College
The College of Nurses of Ontario offers a strong, values-based culture that supports professionalism, integrity, leadership, collaboration and work/life balance.
Working at CNO
About 280 staff carry out the day-to-day functions of CNO, which include: registering nurses, establishing standards of practice, promoting quality assurance and continuing competence, and enforcing standards of practice. These dedicated and enthusiastic people have backgrounds in nursing, law, policy development, communications, finance, customer service and information management. Staff members enjoy a collaborative and professional work environment and many social events.
Our work is guided by our operating principles and organizational values: Professionalism, Leadership, Integrity, Collaboration and Work/Life Balance.
Positions at CNO (which may or may not require a nursing background) typically span the areas of: administration, nursing practice consultation, communications, policy analysis, records management, finance, human resources, investigations, prosecutions and computer systems development and maintenance.
What is it like to work for us? Watch this short video to find out!
The College’s central downtown location is easily accessible by public transit and located within a short walk of the Yorkville shopping district and the Bay Street subway station.
Skylights fill the College’s award-winning building with natural light. Ergonomically designed workstations, a welcoming central atrium, an airy lunchroom, lockers and shower facilities for cyclists, a spiritual observance room and a resource centre are some of the features of the College’s barrier-free building.
College employees are provided with a comprehensive benefits plan that includes:
- generous policies regarding vacation, personal, sick and professional development days
- opportunities for professional development, including on-site workshops, support for attendance at conferences and seminars, and a tuition reimbursement program
- extended health, dental, life and disability insurance
- membership in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP), a multi-employer defined benefit pension plan
- access to a confidential employee assistance program