Sur cette page
COVID-19: Message from the Ministry of Health
Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health, Dr. David Williams, has issued a message to all Ontarians to take enhanced protection measures against COVID-19 and to help mitigate its spread in Ontario.
Some of these measures include:
- Avoiding all non-essential travel outside of Canada
- Suspending large events and public gatherings of over 250 people
- Screening children in day care
- Continuing with best practices in order to protect your health, such as hand washing, sneezing and coughing in your sleeve and avoiding contact with people who are sick
- Staying at home when you are sick to prevent the spread of illness to others
The Ministry has set up online and telephone resources to help guide you to further care. Contact Telehealth Ontario at 1 866 797 0000 or your local public health unit if you’re experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
Visit the Ministry’s public website for ongoing updates and further information on the virus and how to seek care.