On This Page
The Communications Coordinator participates in the planning, development and maintenance of communication programs ensuring a positive image is presented in all communications developed to increase the public awareness of the College. Coordinates the media relations for the College, including responding to media inquiries and tracking coverage.
- Completion of College or University degree preferably in journalism, communications or public relations. Formal education in strategic communication planning and stakeholder engagement planning.
- Expert and extensive knowledge of communication principles and practices relating to corporate communications, branding, issue management and media relations.
- Extensive knowledge of principles and practices of coordinating a communications program; planning and preparing strategic media engagements; journalistic writing and reporting.
- Experience in media relations including working closely with business experts to coordinate appropriate responses to inquiries.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in corporate communications inclusive of three years of leadership experience in a similar role. Experience and working knowledge of websites, social media and usability experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in delegation, supervising staff, providing input into performance evaluation, setting and enforcing team processes and policies.
- Communications experience with a regulatory or government organization an asset.
- Oversees the development of media and public relations activities
- Identifies and develops media relations strategies and opportunities public.
- Maintains and develops positive working relationships with various media outlets.
- Evaluates effectiveness of media campaigns.
- Consults with the Director during time sensitive situations to coordinate clear, effective and timely communications
- Leads the implementation of a strategic communication approach within the team, provides expertise and advice on strategic approaches to issues and risks as they arise, leads cross team workgroups to achieve strategic implementation/solutions.
- Participates in the planning, development and implementation of communication initiatives and projects by working with internal and external stakeholders
- Participates in the development of communications policies and plans that enhance and protect the College’s image
- Coordinates the annual CNO communication plan and other team initiatives and projects
- Demonstrated intermediate proficiency in MS Office, including Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills to develop and review content for clarity and consistency ensuring legislative requirements are met and alignment with CNO strategic objectives.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to motivate and mentor team members to make the most of their potential; and when working collaboratively with other staff members and stakeholders to inspire credibility and build consensus.
- Strong presentation skills to effectively communicate ideas and information persuasively, confidently and professionally.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize competing tasks with varying and conflicting timelines; adaptable and flexible to different situations
Hiring Range: $98,907 - $103,302
Full Salary Range: $98,907 - $118,688
If selected for this opportunity, you will work full time from our Toronto office.
Please email cover letter and resume by September 29, 2017 at 4:00pm EDT to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest. No agencies, please.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. CNO offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted about a career opportunity or testing, please let us know if you require accommodation.