Changes are coming to QA! New self-assessment tools will be available in the new year.
Check back often.
Forms & Guides
- myQA User Guide
- Developing SMART Learning Goals
- 2019 Practice Assessment Guide
- For all nurses who have been selected to take part in Practice Assessment
SMART Learning Goals
Watch this video and use the guide to help you write Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Time-limited (SMART) learning goals for your Learning Plan.
Standards and Guidelines
The College creates practice standards and guidelines to support nurses in providing safe and ethical care to the public. These documents outline the expectations and accountabilities for nurses. They apply to all nurses, regardless of their role, job description or area of practice. Use these documents to develop your Learning Plan.
Developed in conjunction with nursing regulators across the country, these documents describe what is expected of entry‐level registered nurses and registered practical nurses in order to provide safe and ethical nursing care in a variety of
- Entry-to-Practice Competencies for Registered Nurses
- Entry-to-Practice Competencies for Ontario Registered Practical Nurses
- Entry-to-Practice Competencies for Nurse Practitioners
Resources for Nurse Practitioners
In addition to the two selected practice documents, Nurse Practitioners must review the Nurse Practitioner practice standard, the Entry-to-Practice Competencies for Nurse Practitioners and the information in the NP Practice Resources section of this website.